"Roof Off"

"When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalm 94:18-19

This past weekend I had an opportunity to attend a "Revive our Heart" conference with Nancy Leigh DeMoss. How I was blessed. That will be another entry.

Nancy shared this concept of "roof off." Roof off meaning daring to have a honest and transparent relationship with our Lord. No more masking and no more pretending before God for He already knows all things! Roof off - let it be open and honest communication with our heavenly Father. No more feeling the need of having to "protect" or guard ourselves with the One who created us!

Out of my devotion this morning, the verse above jumped out at me depicting so vividly the heart that God enjoys. One that can honestly come to their Father to tell his God what he needs and what he is really feeling.

Our God who is righteous, holy and perfect is also loving, caring, compassionate and sympathic towards our needs. He can handle what we feel. The heart above is able to have a real and authentic relationship with His God I believe greatly due to the fact that he is aware of his true state and the state of his heart - his need.

God longs to meet our needs. Praise God that He so often meets our needs even before we even knew we had a need. What a proactive God and a God of provision! May God help us to evaluate our hearts and lives from time to time in order to take a true assessment of where we are and where we may not be. May He give us boldness and courage to admit to ourselves our true state that we may be healed and restored.

Comments

Popular Posts