Instant "Before & After"

I thoroughly enjoy seeing results instantly. It is such a huge sense of satisfaction and accomplishment when I see the before and after just within a couple of hours. Kind of an impatient person when it comes to things like that but I get such a kick off of the makeover effect. Our house is still being remodeled & in the process our landscaping started to look a bit shabby too. Inside and out was a bit too much for me so we tackled our outside so that would at least look decent while we finish our inside.

We had these awful monkey grass and shrubs that were in desperate need of maintenance - I pulled them all out and trashed them. I like clean. I like clean lines. I like to throw things away and start over.

The funny thing is I have been learning and seeing so many parralels to my spiritual life and how I approach house maintenance, remodeling and cleaning. That will be another entire blog.

My husband was adament about not wanting me to help b/c he doesn't want me to have to do "manuel" labor but I looked at him square in the eye and said, "but I want to be a difference maker!" We had such a great laugh. I did want to be a difference maker in my yard.

We are proud to drive home now to a well kept landscape. It is not 100% where we want it but for now, it will do until we can finish other things & fully tend to it as we would like.

I love that clean feeling - the feeling of organization!

Comments

Popular Posts