Nephew

I praise God that my nephew is well and alive! I am truly grateful for my VBC family who prayed and inteceeded on his behalf. God is still very much in the business of miracles. God reminded me of many great lessons as a result:

1. The enemy wanted to discourage and get us to loose our focus. But little did the enemy know that our faith and hope is firmly planted on the ROCK - Jesus Christ! The unshakeable God!! (The night of the accident, my church back home was in the middle of their evangelistic service where Philip's dad was leading the service & mom is the worship leader. The next AM (Sun), VBC had a sunrise service and evangelistic service where my husband was translating, and Mon. AM my dad departs for VN for mission work not to mention the great work that took place Good Friday!)

2. God is always up to something GREAT & the enemy recognizes the threat - therefore he will look for little opportunities to distract and discourage. That night my husband & I choose to worship - for in worship, the presence of God comes and in His presence, there is peace, hope and joy! Worship is all about God! So as we worship, our eyes are fixed and focused on Him & not on our situation or the circumstances. How that helps to perfectly align our perspective.

3. To remember to pray for covering and protection over all family & loved ones to include their material possessions, etc.

4. God is God. He was already at work!! I was a bit flustered my family did not tell me about the accident and the fact that the doctor did not see Philip until 4 hours after! We could have been praying 4 hours ago! The entire church could have been praying 4 hours ago! In that moment when my heart began to race as my sister tried to tell me the news, immediately God's peace overwhelmed me and I heard God gently remind me,"chill out! I AM GOD. I am still God - you are not"! PRAISE THE LORD for that is true! He is a much better God than I :) God proceeded to tell me, "though you didn't know till just now, I knew. I was already there & already at work." In my love and care, I take on more than what is truly mine to carry. My job was to begin praying the moment I found out. God is sovereign - there is no if ands buts about that!

5. The Spirit truly teaches us to pray and utters things on our behalf to the Father when we don't even have the proper words to pray.

I have no concept of anything science related or anything to do with the human body and how it functions. When I received the news, I began praying and declaring that he would be healed. I prayed for the "general" things I knew how. I prayed that the bleeding would stop, that his body would begin to reproduce new blood. That God would strengthen his body to remain physically well and strong after losing so much blood. I definitely prayed for peace and calmness over the family and asked God to guide the doctors. Then I began to worship God and declare His goodness. My heart was at complete peace and knew that Philip would be fine.

But even with that peace, my spirit was not completely "released" so I then began to pray in the spirit and praise God, He prompted me to pray that there would not be in residuals or side effects as a result of the cut artery. That God would reconnect the artery as if it was never severed. I prayed that he would grow and function as a normal child - he would be able to run and live and happy and healthy life. I prayed none of his other organs or body parts would be affects as a result. A couple of hours later, we received word that he received 4 stitches to his artery and 13 to his foot & he was getting ready to be discharged. We praised God but I was prompted to ask if the doctors gave any instructions or potential things to look out for when he returns home. My brother did not have that information & immediately got of the phone to talk w/ the nurse. He later informed us the doctor said there is a potential he may bleed or the artery may open up again. Once again, God prompted my spirit to begin praying again. I prayed that the stitch would hold and if anything was not completely correct, that God would reveal it to the doctor's right now. About 15 minutes later, we received another phone call informing us that the stitch did not hold and a surgeon was called in. Praise God for it happened when it did rather than when he got home. Hallelugia! So what is the point of all that detail? Well, come Sunday, a sister asked how my nephew was doing and I said praise God well when we last checked about 1230am. She said praise God, b/c she prayed that he would not lose his leg. HELLO!! I did not know that. Apparently arteries are a big thing? Where was I in science class? I didn't even realize how serious this was. So on Sunday, I told my husband what the sister said and he said, "yes, honey - I didn't want to alarm you but I got you covered b/c I prayed for that." He then proceeded to tell me that all night my brother-in-law stayed awake to make sure Philip's leg was continually elevated and to monitor his heart! hello, I didn't know that either. SOOO, I praise the Lord for He led me to pray for those things even w/o me knowing specifically how to pray. God is so good. And finally, God knows me so well and loves me that much that He truly protects and does not show or tell me more than I can handle - He gives it to me in a different way! GLORY BE TO GOD!! Oh one last thing, after the second stitching, we spoke to my sister in law and said he is fine, just hungry! Praise God - God strengthened his body and increased his appetite to give nutrients and replenish what was lost!

Philip is well last I spoke with him. I think he was more afraid of getting in trouble :) Thankfully he is on Spring Break this week and gets to rest before getting back to school.

The power of prayer and the beautiful Body of Christ! Thanks to all that prayed. Thanks to a loving and caring God - full of mercy and compassion and to my calm and smart husband, who paid attention in science class (at one time he wanted to be a doctor) and he knows me so well!

Comments

Popular Posts