Abundant God

I am eternally grateful to my God who is a God of abundance and how He graciously demonstrates His abundance in so many ways.

I have been trying to get in touch with this particular organization for the past 2 weeks regarding an upcoming conference. This morning was difficult getting into work (hence I was 1.75 hours late) but praise God (and for a husband who is persistent) I was able to muster enough energy to make it in today. Ok, getting back to my story. God reminded me to call once again to see if I can get in touch w/ a live person for info about the conference. After the first ring, a live voice! The gentleman I spoke w/ is overseeing the conference. A gentle, informative and helpful man. During our conversation he asked in what capacity did I serve with my church and I was able to share my husband and I are the CARE Pastors but we also oversee the youth at this point as well. We currently serve in this capacity but we are always praying and equipping other leaders. Our conversation was coming towards an end and he asked if he could pray for me. I never turn down a prayer! (How fitting we have been studying on Sunday's how to pray effectively and yesterday's message the encouragement to go out and begin praying everywhere! Someone began with me!)

I had an incredible last week and weekend. I was able to spend lots of time with people and to build and strengthen relationships. However, I was not able to take care of many administrative paper work (praise God He has provided some youth who have been helping me). The thought of how much work I have to complete was a pressing thought on my mind. Not overwhelmed but I was fully aware I have things to complete. I was tempted to stay home to complete those tasks but God gently reminded me He has blessed me with an awesome job, I wanna keep it :) I am glad I came into work.

OK, getting back. I love details - but I get a bit sidetracked. So the gentleman, Robert, simply asked to pray for me. I am appreciative of any prayer. When he asked to pray for me I thought it would but a "generic" God bless you prayer. That's what I thought. When he opened his mouth, the Spirit uttered things to his spirit to pray out loud for me and my husband that brought strength & encouragement - more than what I thought I needed. He prayed for our marriage, our influence, our renewal and refreshment in the Lord as we care and serve faithfully. God is raising up many leaders among our influence, keep pressing in. Our work for the Lord is not in vain. God sees the way we care and burden for this generation, God is near and raising them up." Of course, by this time I was crying b/c my spirit confirmed the things I heard. What an abundant and good God!! Always looking out for His children, His beloved.

I called for some info about a camp and got abundantly more than I expected!! That's just the kind of God I serve! Thank you Father!

What a great encouragement and confirmation through a perfect stranger of the things I need to remain focused upon. Keep pressing.

Comments

Unknown said…
God placed me in the best CARE, ever! =] Cause when I'm in your arms, I somehow melt, like being in the arms of God, until I have the peace of God come upon me. =D
My cup runneth over - it is my honor and priviledge to serve you.
Love you dear one!!

Popular Posts