Bondage to Religion

Praise the Lord for how He works & confirms. The month of March is themed "hiStory" for VBC Youth Ministry. We have had different YAers share their testimony at the beginning of the program. I am scheduled next week however due to change in schedule, we will not have our individual bible study. I was ok with not sharing and would wait another time. But as I sat in bible study last week, I sensed that God instructed me to share my testimony for Evangelism Night. God has been stirring something in my heart in regards to what God wants to do and is already beginning to do among the youth & my church as a whole. I began preparing New Believer & Rededication packets 2 months ago - trusting & speaking in faith salvation and hearts fully yielded and turned towards God.

As the days approach, I sense in my spirit that finally, no more sitting on the fence- in the world and of the world, no more church games, no more desire for this world but finally, completely SOLD OUT to Christ. Not just an emotional or feel good decision but a real, encounter - a true transformation. To finally make a final stand for Christ and Christ alone.

As I sat in bible study, I began taking notes as to how the Spirit was leading me. I can take my testimony on two different angles - but by the end of the night, God confirmed through 2 separate conversations with two different youths and even right now as I am typing this blog God confirmed 100%. The very fiber of my being cries out that it is all about a relationship not a religion. No longer in bondage to religion. I can say it with passion and conviction b/c I was once in bondage to religion. God is real and He wants a personal relationship with you. He has been passionately pursuing us since the beginning of time! We have purpose in Him. I am not merely existing, I have purpose!

Thank-you Lord. There is an excitement in my spirit that I cannot describe. Just watch & see what God is getting ready to manifest.

Comments

Popular Posts