the cost

The cost of following Christ is great - it is. The sacrifice at times is much to lay down. The choice to live honorably is more often than not NOT a glamourous task. Not easy in the process, not at all. It is painful, unbearable at times but at the end of it all, truly it is worth. Why? Because I can't wait to see the face of my sweet Savior -- I just can't wait to jump into His arms and have Him look into my eyes and say, "well done, well done. I am proud of you."

The cost of following Christ is truly as scripture says, "the narrow path." It is definitely not for the faint at heart but it is worth it, because He is my very Great Reward, my Inheritance. I am receiving my inheritance right now as I am in relationship with Him and deepening my understanding of who He is -- what great joy! It outweighs all else, it does.

May my heart be constantly reminded of this truth -- in all seasons.

The cost, it is great, it is. But Christ is worth it. This is not home -- I press forward, I run this race.

Comments

Popular Posts