Word for Today: True Freedom

"...Forgive as the LORD forgave you." Colossians 3:13b

Forgiveness and freedom go hand in hand. Forgiveness opens the door to true freedom.

God has freely forgiven us of every transgression so that we may be free to allow His forgiveness to freely and quickly flow through us to all around. Forgive those who have wronged you in order to make room for the King of Glory to flow in and through you.

Ever feel as if there is something stuck or a blockage in your spiritual life? Forgive. Forgiveness is a choice. A daily decision to die to the flesh and to carry our cross in order to exemplify a life like Christ. Forgiving is not easy but necessary and possible through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Choosing to forgive is true freedom. You choose to not allow the person who wronged you to have a hold on you anymore. Now that is True Freedom.

Prayer: Dear Father, thank you for forgiving me even before I realized I needed forgiveness. Holy Spirit consume me and take captive every fiber of my being and make it obedient unto you as I yield myself to your ways. Help me to forgive and to move on. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

(image: churchfun.com)

Comments

Popular Posts