Word for Today: Serve

“Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, andto give his life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:28

Do you want a remedy that will help you to re-gain your peace and maintain your perspective during difficult times or challenging moments when you are forced to maintain your freedom? Get serving or continue to serve. In times of chaos, confusion, commotion and discomfort, serve.

There is nothing like putting the needs of others and tending to someone else that puts all things into proper perspective. As we choose to be a blessing and to serve in the wait and in the discomfort, somehow our situation doesn’t seem so daunting and hopeless.

Christ came to serve not to be served. Let’s follow His example. I do believe there is a powerful principle to learn and we have much to gain in learning to serve, always.

Prayer: Dear Father, In times of chaos and confusion I am inclined to revert to my flesh which is to focus on my issue and begin to think introspectively. This action has not proven to be beneficial as it just magnifies my view of my issue. Help me during these times to seek to serve someone who is in greater need and watch how you provide for my needs and bring peace to my storm. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts