Reality

:) First day back at work. It is good. Like I said, routine and stability brings me peace! Especially when many things around me are uncertain, shifting, changing, uprooting and evolving, a good dose of routine and consistency balances out the mix for this girl.

Well, I made it home safely on Friday - finally. We had the entire day to travel and boy was it a travel day. My morning started at 3am with the anticipation of landing at home at 9am. In an interesting and quite comical twist of things, I arrived home at 2pm. No, we were not stuck in an airport. No, it was not due to ice or snow. We were actually in the AIR - circling around attempting to land! :) Our plane was 1.25 hours away (by car) to the airport destination but due to FOG, we were unable to land. Funny. Wow, so close but yet so far away! We ended up landing at the airport 1.25 hours away by car to my original final airport destination. A co-worker had a friend in the area, they picked us up and her husband met us 1/2 way and took to a neutral destination for pick up. I finally got to see mi amore!

On the upscale of things:

1. Perfect flight. No turbulence or bumps. We flew low the entire time.
2. Sleep. I slept the entire time, to include the extra time I didn't even realized we had.
3. Brother. I sat beside a brother in Christ - I believe was God ordained. In obedience, we prayed in agreement. The prayer we were specifically asking, to land in original airport did not come to pass but I am trusting something else was answered, even greater than the fog lift we prayed for. (FYI: the fog eventually lifted hours later).
4. Encouraged. I was encouraged to see how we co-workers took care of one another and it was cool to meet their spouse. It's a good feeling to know you can still rely on people and they are willing to help in time of need.

Lesson of the Day: Things don't always work out the way we plan or anticipate but what can you do? Don't allow it to ruin the end destination or goal. A life lesson God is still teaching this control, perfectionist!

How ironic, I didn't even think about fog! We all prayed for everything else BUT fog. My walk away reminder and application nuggets:

1. Continue to think outside the box - allowing God to continue to stretch. This is the life of a growing disciple. When you think you are 'done' stretching or perhaps just want a break, there is more stretching. FUN!
2. So close but yet still miles to go - keep pushing forward. Resolve to keep going.
3. The journey may be hazy and foggy at times but it shall clear. Be not discouraged.
4. Keep in view the end goal. Regardless of how tiring, how many miles traveled or the sacrifice, seeing my Savior's sweet face makes it ALL worth wild.
5. In all things, be thankful.

Our VBC Houston pastor says: "Your attitude determines your altitude."

Comments

Popular Posts