Proof

This is the proof I graduated! :) Too funny. We had a graduation ceremony today to conclude our training. After everything was said and done, I am glad we had the ceremony. We all originally thought the idea to be 'silly' as we wanted an early release but in God's sense of humor, it was good.

As we recited the Pledge of Allegiance, sang The Star Spangled Banner and bowed our heads for a moment of silence to honor our fallen soldiers and current soldiers serving our country, I choked up. I was humbly reminded of the awesome task I have been given to serve our country. I am serving our country by serving our veterans and their dependents with each decision I make. Wow, I get to do something that affects lives and WOW, I affect lives. It's a humbling thought, something not be to taken lightly. I have learned a lot and will give my very best! Thank-you God for the reminder of my portion in this season.

And finally, to my surprise and delight, God allowed a mini reunion and farewell to my Houston fellow counterparts. My transition from one office to the next happened so quickly I didn't get a chance to really say good-bye to people or even tell too many co-workers of my transfer. Needless to say, a few were surprised to see me in Baltimore but I definitely felt the love and sincerity. At graduation, I was able to hug and give best wishes to my fellow Houstonians as we parted our separate ways. Bless God, it meant more to me than I thought it would! God always knows best. What a wonderful closure, for the former season I didn't even know I needed.

My transfer/move happened less than 2 months ago. Only 2 months? Wow, God has done so much, it seems like at least 1 year worth of work and progress but the time has not dragged or felt too short or too long. Just right. But back to my thought, I kept forgetting that I am no longer apart of the Houston office when I saw my former co-workers. Upon leaving Baltimore, I know it will be 'different' returning to my home office. But I am ready. Making new friends and reconnecting with others. Back to work -- the 'real' world after this school like setting for 2.5 weeks.

Is God not wonderful? His ways are surely higher and better than mine! I am so thankful He doesn't give me what I ask for at times. God knows, I'm just talking but in the end, I always follow Him. :)

So friends, good-night to you from Baltimore, MD. It has been good, very good on SO many levels. Ready to return home and keep moving forward with a grateful and full heart.

Here is a picture of my training class:

Comments

Unknown said…
Congrats!!! YAY!!!! =]

Popular Posts