He Came

He came. He comes. He continues to rescue. What a magnificent and caring Father!

Right at the moment my heart feels like it may burst or the waiting begins to weigh on this physical body, He comes. He always comes. He is always on time. I adore the detail and perfection of God. But even more, I love the story He writes. A story of love and faithfulness.

This week God reminded me that the enemy is after our heart. Life happens at the heart level. For the heart is the wellspring of life. So when the heart is faint or weary, our defenses and borders are not secure. Emotional health is vital. If the enemy can get us at the heart level, a host of doors have been opened. BUT, may I remind you that our God is greater! Continue to trust. Continue to praise. Resolve to bless the Name of the Lord.

Last week was a challenging week. Out of 'no where' my heart began to feel anxious. I could not put my finger on it. I prayed. My husband prayed. I remained quiet asking God to search me and for the Holy Spirit to reveal what was happening. I was only confident of three things:

1. God is God.
2. Something is happening in the spiritual realm.
3. Intercede.

As the days went on, the pieces began to fall into place. Everyday God would put different people on my heart or literally bring them into my path. I prayed and ministered as God allowed. And it wasn't until Thursday evening I noticed the common thread, their heart and emotions were under attack! From the passing of longtime family pet, to changes internally, externally, physically, spiritually, revelations of what is and what is not, disappointment, anxiousness of the unknown, unfulfilled desires, physical illness and tiredness, physical illness of love one, marital challenges, sadness, faint eyes for the road ahead, emotional baggage, overwhelmed with circumstances, financial uncertainty, wounds of the past, changes/strained relationships, decisions, trying to understand God's will, regret or guilt, loneliness, and the wait for God's answer, my beloved loved ones needed extra intercession. Whew! God is perfect. Had I known all of that right off the bat all at once, I would have fainted or ran away! But in His grace, He gives strength. It was NOT of my own. I am only able to stand and do His will because people are faithfully interceding for me, right now.

To be completely honest, it was a draining week. I was also pressing in prayer for myself as well. At some point, I specifically remembered asking God to send relief. His Word was my Strength. As Thursday afternoon approached, I began to feel lighter. Thursday evening rolled around and the pieces began to fall into place. It made sense. By Friday, my heart was at peace. But my heart was anxiously waiting on the answer for one particular person. I asked God to let it come soon. By Friday afternoon at 3:00pm, I received a text. I cried. In class. I had just gotten done with a hard case, my classmates probably thought I was crying over the case! I didn't care. I felt this relief, for the person. I felt joy restored. Faith renewed. I felt hope alive again. I am tearing up as I type this very sentence. I walked back to my hotel room alone. As soon as I got into my room, I burst into tears. Tears of joy. Tears of relief. Tears of humility. Tears of awe before a Holy and good God. You must understand. It's not the answer but the One Who Answered I am after. The cry of my heart is that they would know The One. And if God has given me the honor of pointing them to Him, then let it be. After crying, I danced for JOY. In my room all by myself before my God. I know He enjoyed my offbeat dance! :)

If that were not enough, Saturday rolled around. His Word refreshes my soul:

"But for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.

Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come. Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God, you who have done great things. Who, O God, is like you? Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again." Psalm 71: 14-15; 18-21

I share all of this why? To declare the Faithfulness of God. He rescues. He sees us. I want to be moved by Christ alone. Especially during the good times. It's not about the answer, it's about The One who Answers. I want to rejoice and praise Him in all times. To borrow the words of a song, in my life, in my world, in my love, I SO desperately want Him to be lifted high. I want all to see Jesus and to know of His saving and loving power.

As I prayed for you, I know you were praying for me! We need one another. We were created for community, for one another. We were not meant to do this on our own. But it gets even BETTER. Jesus Christ sits at the right hand of the Father making daily intercessions for you and me!

So when you feel all is not well in your world and not sure if you can take one more step, you can. Because God Almighty has got your back!


Comments

Popular Posts