white as snow

Apparently it snowed in Greensboro, NC this past weekend. Funny, Baltimore is further north and the snow passed over us. Believe me, I am grateful. I asked God when I moved back to Greensboro to somehow give me a mild winter. Don't get me wrong, I love the snow, when I am at home and get a snow day! But no more snow days for this adult. I am not looking forward to driving to work in the snow. So this weekend Greensboro snowed, but I missed it, that still counts. So thanks God!

As I sat in class today, my mind drifted off to the image of that blanket of fresh, clean, white snow that covered the entire city of Greensboro this past weekend. There is something refreshing about fresh fallen snow. What is it about snow that makes you feel all warm and cozy inside? And I especially love the sight when the first coat of snow falls, everything is covered and is perfect. With this image in mind, my heart suddenly turned to Isaiah 1:18 that reads: "Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."

As I read the words, my eyes welled up with tears. I sensed this great confirmation of God's next order in preparing the city for His glory and revival. There is a great wave of repentance taking place. And as a result, God is cleansing every people group, healing the land for harvest and fruit and making all things new and fresh. Ah, God is full of mercy and compassion.

God is moving things along very quickly in Greensboro. Religion is being broken. Repentance has brought healing. Hearts are being returned to a love relationship with Christ. And the Holy Spirit is given permission to empower the people. Supernatural acceleration. I am humbled but not surprised. We expect no less from our Great God!

God did not send us back to the East Coast without a purpose. Our move to the East Coast was not a new start, new life, new beginning but simply the continuation of what God has always been doing. We are simply moving where He is moving. Our prayer has always been, "Lord show us where you are at work that we may join you." And we will continue to move and follow Him as He leads claiming new territory for His glory. For now, God has planted us in the East Coast. And friend, God is moving mightily. He is preparing the land and the hearts of the people that He may reveal His glory.

My heart is tender for God is faithful. There is nothing more precious to me than hearing the voice of God and then seeing it come to pass. And even more, what an honor for it to come to pass in my lifetime! It's almost too much for this heart to bear but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

So friend, can I encourage you to engage in the city you have been called to minister? Pray for your city. Stand in the gap and ask God to forgive and heal the land. All for His glory and fame to be made known.

Comments

Popular Posts