Joshua

No, I'm not talking about Joshua my nephew (though he is darling)!

I'm talking about the 6th book of the Old Testament. As I read the introduction of the book, my spirit leaped within me. I connect! I identify! I testify! Victory by faith, that's the theme of the book of Joshua.

God is Sovereign and surely, Omnipresent. Our life in Christ is fluid, constantly flowing, moving, changing, expanding and at times, all over the place! That's a good thing.

I was reminded last night after a conversation with my beloved, I have a tendency to be "one-track" when it comes to the 'order' of God at times. When I say 'one-track,' I am not referring to religion that boxes God, lack of faith or knowledge of what God is doing but more so one tracked as a result of the administrator, 'check lister' in me that likes to take charge at the wrong times! :)

Through our conversation, I was reminded that God is moving by working on several 'independent' but 'dependent' and intertwined things all at once. He is weaving various things separate but related concurrently. That's what makes Him God! In part, that is why this is a fast season. And for that reason, my husband's hands are in various things all at once. Now let me say, this is not necessarily a 'rule' of how God works but for us and this particular season, we have our hands in all different pots and at the right time, He's going to pour that big sucker all together. Glory! But make no mistake, regardless of the season, He will always awe us and leave us speechless because He is good!

All of these things are exciting but I must say there are a many of times I have walked away with my head spinning and mouth dropped open thinking to myself, "what was that?" Even still, it's great :) I love it when my husband and I have moments where we just look at each other, laugh and ask rhetorically, "what just happened?" To which we would then chuckle and say, "God, all God."

My husband did a wonderful job of patiently reminding me of the bigger picture. He does a wonderful job of the big picture and I the details. We make a great team by the grace of God when we each do our individual part, and then God marries our gifting together in beautiful harmony. Trust me when I say, it is the pure grace of God. :) Lord knows the lessons we have learned!

I'm so thankful God made me a girl. I couldn't handle knowing the entire big picture, what weight. I have a tendency to stress out easily and last night, I was on the verge. Thankfully, a couple of deep breaths and calm words from my man settled this stress tendency girl down. And I am ever so more grateful he made my man the way he did, he sees the big picture and prayerfully paces each step. Lord, you are faithful.

So I am laying in bed and my mind is racing with all that needs prayer and intercession. I know it is a test, further breakthrough is around the corner. My heart says, push. Push in prayer. Then I thought, "God, I'm tired. How much more pushing?" And then almost instantly, I was overwhelmed with joy and great relief when God brought to mind something a friend shared -- multiple babies. I felt God say to my spirit, push. These are the contraction pains. Push. The babies are coming.

I am overwhelmed putting something so personal into words. I almost want to burst into tears because it is real. It is so close, I can almost touch my 'babies.' But even more, what love and gratitude to the One who has given me this great joy.

So friend, push. Push on, push forward, push through.

Comments

Popular Posts