Day Two

Day 1 of our road trip has concluded. We head off in a few to conclude our road trip as we reach our destination - GREENSBORO.

We made it through: Louisiana (tempted to pull the slot machine. Just once, not really. We refrained. Of course, what would good baptist ministers do?), Mississippi (that was a blur. We were out as quickly as we got in it seemed), Alabama (whew, what a state. It seemed like we were there for eternity), and then we were 1/2 way to Hot-lanta. Didn't make it all the way, had to stop and rest for the night. These weary travelers needed some R&R. We are about 50 miles out of Atlanta. God is good. Thank you to all our friends who prayed and checked up on us along the way.
We chose to take it easy yesterday morning, not in a rush. We got off about 2 hours later than we originally 'hoped' but God allowed us to spend time with the nieces and tie up loose ends before heading out. Even with our 'later' than ideal start, God still got us further than we anticipated. We missed all traffic. Beautiful weather. His faithful hand is heavy upon us.
I sure felt like a trucker this weekend but bless God it was just for a brief moment. Praise God and GOD BLESS all the truckers!! Seriouly. I am so grateful to those who drive day in and day out, transporting the things we need to live. I am surely not called to truck across country for a living but bless those who choose to do so. I prayed for the truckers today. It's a tough job. Lonely at times. I know God allows me to 'feel' and experience, to pray. I even thought, maybe we could provide a safe 'refuge' for the weary drivers. Something down the road....

All this talk about truck drivers got me thinking. We are all indeed on a journey. I couldn't imagine trucking across country on this journey of life without my man and family (both sides)! But I recognize there are many who are 'alone' on this journey. It may be lonely and scary at times. There is sanity or comfort in being able to bounce ideas or even share in uncertainty. I couldn't imagine doing this on my own. For those who feel alone, I'm sending a prayer out for you right now! Of course God is with us, but I am praying that God would bring tangible help and companionship. It makes the journey all the sweeter. God bless those who choose to fight the good fight, regardless if you feel alone or among people. You are not alone. I love you.

As my husband hitched up the car and chained it to the trailer, two emotions overcame me. I knew nothing but to pray in my spirit and text my 911 prayer partners. It was scary. Beloved husband was on all 4, dirty with grease, yanking and pulling to secure our car. I felt I was either going to burst into tears or throw up. Thankfully, neither of the two happened. I kept quiet. This has been my first u-haul/pull your car experience. I get a little nervous :)
For the first hour of our drive, it was silent. Intense. We both were getting use to the car and road. I kept my bible open the entire time! Nothing spiritual, I just felt secure with the 'Word' open and on my lap. Silly I know but it brought me peace. I believe I made in prayer as many miles as we drove that truck! About 2 hours into the trip, we were feeling comfortable and good. Thank you, Jesus.



Let me conclude this blog. I so wish this was real time but I still have an old school phone with no internet. As we drove out of my sister-in-laws house, this was the first truck we saw:


Confirmation or what? I have NEVER seen a truck from Greensboro, NC. Whoohoo! :)

Comments

Popular Posts