weekend

Whoohoo! It's the weekend. I trust that you had a productive God-filled week. For me, between the packing, traveling, settling, cleaning, starting new job, transitioning and joining eastern time zone, I lost track of my days. Today is Friday, bless God I nearly forgot!

I love being busy - focused/purposeful busy that is. I love the feeling that I am moving towards something. Working towards something. What joy to begin to see with these human eyes what I have trusted and prayed for so long with my spiritual eyes of faith. Make no mistake, we are certainly not 'there' but we are way closer than where we started. As I type that statement, it may sound 'obvious' or like 'well duh' to some. Of course you should be further than when you started. But the sobering reality is this, there are those among us who find themselves year after year, season after season at the same place. Rocking. Or, there are some of us who convince ourselves that we have indeed 'moved' or 'progressed' but in all reality, we have just shifted things around. Beloved, sometimes, we just need a good mass overhaul, clean up, purge or renovation so that true transformation and change can come. I am so jealous for you and for the calling God has on your life. In that love, may I challenge you to be so bold to go before our loving God and ask him to search you through and through? Are you moving forward in Him or simply rocking? Has there been true lasting change/transformation or merely a shifting?

To those who find themselves in a season where they don't 'feel' like they are progressing and moving forward, take heart. Push through. Pray through. Do what is before you. Continue to proceed with the last instruction you received from God. There is a difference (and you'll know it) when you are in disobedience and when you are waiting on God as to the reason 'things are not coming together.' Whatever the case, I love the grace of God. It's never too late. His arm is never too short. All God is asking you to do is take one step at a time. But please, don't skip a step. And be mindful as to not overly consume yourself with the details and end result beyond what is needed. Take one faithful step, following his instruction to the brim.

I love that about my husband. He obeys, no matter how it hurts. Again, not a perfect man but he keeps me in check. He is steady and level headed. Not all the time, we partner :). My job is the gate keeper, I pray. At the right timing, I share. We discern together. He makes the final decision. Lord knows how long it has taken us to get this marriage thing going. Not speaking from perfection, redemption baby, redemption!! :) God's pure goodness!

On the topic of moving forward, have people in your midst that constantly remind you of God's grace and mercy. I am a nurturer by nature. With that, if I am not continually connected to the Source of Truth, I can do a great job of nursing and overly mothering regret, loss, and yes, I was good at re-playing mistakes. I was raising a monster! Praise God for his redemptive power over my mind and for a husband that is firm. My husband is firm, in love. Perhaps that explains why he always wanted to be an army ranger and tears up when we sing the star spangled banner. True story, true. He's a true military guy at the core. We are working on the gentle part but he's getting there! In his defense, I require ALOT more gentleness than the average girl :). My husband marries Truth and Grace to pastor my soul. He has this candid ability to stay focus which enables him to continually move forward. He learns the lesson, receives what He needs from God, brushes himself off and moves forward. I love it.

We are at a good place in our life. All is well with my soul. I am content. Not complacent because this girl still has miles to travel but I can say, 'He has made me glad.'

As we live on this earth, we are continually being shaped, twisted, kneaded and even hammered at times. Life can throw some hard punches. And yes, it hurts! But here is the awesome part, they do not have to be permanent, affecting our present. Rather than allowing the negative experiences, past wounds/hurt or mistakes to be the tattoo marking our soul, God is jealous to be The Tattoo. Forever imprinted. Everlasting to everlasting.

Nothing is permanent, but God himself and the things of His kingdom. With that guarantee and security, why not take it ALL to the bank? Release what you are holding on to or holding back from and let him 'tattoo' you with his amazing love from glory to glory.

Roller coaster entry.....but nonetheless, trusting it will do what God intended :)

Have a great weekend, blessings!

Comments

Unknown said…
just read this, and was reminded to be patient and press in. thanks for the reminder.

Popular Posts