a moment - my day

Whew, a moment. A moment to finally sit. I am alone in our newlywed style, bare apt. My hardworking beloved husband is diligently finishing up renovations to his mother's house. She is placing it up for sale. Everyone has grown up, moved out and/or got married. Our mother is at a good place. She is happy. We are happy.

My husband has been working non-stop (among everything else on his schedule) the past few weeks. My heart is so tender when I think about my husband. The privilege of being married to him. You know him as t. Dat, I know him as husband. What you get in public is only a fraction of the man I get the honor of doing life with. He is the kindest and most generous man you'll ever meet. Not perfect but a good man, a good husband. Regardless of how busy he may be, he makes time for people and for the things that really count. He is a humble man, he is.

It has been a few Saturday's ago since we have had a chance to chill but it is worth it. Taking care of family is worth it, especially our mom's. And if that were not enough, God gives additional blessings in the process. My husband was able to spend time with his brothers (all Truong boys, now that has been a while) and interesting enough, God gave my husband an additional gift. As he has been working on the house, he has experienced this heart connection with his late father. Something about using his father's tools and finishing the house his father started connected the two on a deeper and different level. I'm not talking about any spooky business here. God gave my husband a special gift, for him to cherish in his heart. So many divine implications. Only time and walking in faith will tell all that God has in store. Thank you, Jesus. I have a strong sensing how this is all going to play out. Can't explain now, just know my heart is tender and I have kleenex in hand so I can see the screen to type. It's going to be good, very good.

Full circles. The physical represents the spiritual. God of completion. God gives us everything we need to move forward, completely forward in the fullness of His power. He leaves nothing un-done. Legacy. Father's play such a pivotal role. I know my father-in-law looks down on his son. And smiles.

I adore that man of mine. I do. As each day passes and as we continue to journey, I am utterly thankful to God for giving me my man. I love him more with each new day, and especially how he shines during the most difficult and challenging of times. Whew, a moment.

There are only a few personal items left in our apt. that gives proof that we were here :)


I am grateful to those who helped me clean, pack and haul all our things down those stairs in hot, humid Houston. And of course, my faithful 911 sisters who prayed over us and for us. Thank you, your prayers are felt. God gave us supernatural strength (starting at 6am this morning!) to push through. God surely did extend our day. I know he caused time to "stand still" for us to get things done and to enjoy our darling nieces as well. Thank you, God.

God is good. He is faithful. I love his detail. I am liable to bawl my eyes out if he didn't do things the way that he does with me. He knows me so well. It has been super busy, non-stop the past few days. For me, that is good. Too much free time + emotional/sentimental creature like me could very well = a crying fest. My heart is tender, I adore my God. I'll cry in the hotel room tomorrow night. It's the first night and everything sinks in. It happened when I moved here, I'm sure it will happen again. My heart is full. So thankful. 5 years already, wow. So many rich blessings. Only God, only God.

We worked like a mad man and women early this morning loading up the truck. Praise God for his hand that has guided us through each decision, big and small. We were also able to spend some time with Hope and Faith and of course, grandma and baby Linh. Darling girls, I tell you. AND yes, I was the first to find out among my siblings today that my 2nd sister, Mary is expecting her second baby girl. My heart is glad, only God knows the fullness of why. For the first time in the past few days, my heart was permitted to feel an emotion that translated to my brain or vice versa. Excitement. I am excited. Again, God is funny with me. He shields me to complete a task and when it is "done," the emotional floodgates will come. Oh yes, I forgot to mention, I had a good "flesh" out/180 emotional bout more than a week ago. God prepares me for every step. He is so for my success, he won't even allow me to get in the way! Glory.

I followed my husband behind the truck to meet the girls. I got in the car and this song was playing:


God sent this song a while back. It met me in part where I was. It ministered to my soul. Songs are my thing. It speaks of my season. Certain songs have a different role. This song was a song of hope until the words became my sight. Today, I know full well it has become my sight. The amazing thing is this, I am sure God fully ministered to me a while back. Sometimes it takes "hearing" it again and realizing, wow, 'I am good.' I teared up hearing it again, a good tear. I cry every time when God allows me to step on the other side and to look back and see how far he has taken me. Thank you, God.

I am not fully where I want to be in my walk with Christ but God knows I am definitely not where I was! I am overwhelmed by the faithfulness and goodness of God. Surely He loves me. There are NO accidents. Mistakes. Mishaps. Nothing in my life happens haphazardly.

I have an indescribable joy and peace in my spirit. Though the details are uncertain and I know the reality of the hard work that lies ahead, I am ready. I am ready. My heart is full. I have peace. I have joy. I have Jesus and my man. What else could a girl ask for? Bless God, thank you!

I am attempting to record/blog our journey. My days/stories will overlap as my overactive, detailed storytelling mind can go on tangents at times! I thoroughly love chronological order but my fingers have a mind of it's own. I can't help it. God does so much in one day, I must share every detail. Sue Truong does not believe in cliff note version! :) Next chapter, condensing my stories and thoughts. Aiy, now that is going to be miracle. Funny!

All joking aside, our prayer is that you are blessed in some way by our story. It's windy and all over the place at times but make no mistake, the divine hand of God is all over this real and raw story we humbly share.

As I closed out some final errands and preparations, this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlA5IDnpGhc played right on time. Yes, our life to say, "Our God".

WHOOHOO -- on the road again!!



Comments

Popular Posts