dozy

Good evening. Yesterday was a dozy. My body finally 'let out' and said, 'let me rest!" I knew it was coming, just thankful I had forewarning. I crashed after work. Glory!

Yesterday was my first day of work. I had been off a week (upon leaving Houston office) and returned to work and back to Winston Salem office. It was a blast. What a great welcome back I received and reunion seeing many old faces. It was cool. Much has changed but at the same time, much has not changed. I am excited. God continues to confirm and pave every road for me. I found out about training, a class of 4 people!! That is a 2 to 2 teacher to student ratio. God is good, very good. The detail and goodness of God. His favor, I don't deserve but I gladly receive!!

So many of my previous co-workers have now advanced and are in upper management positions. I am so thankful God has helped kicked my insecurities to the curb. Otherwise, I could have been liable for jealousy or much worst, comparison. And if I didn't know my portion and what God has called me to, I probably would have been intimidated. But, I'm not. Praise God, all God. He has delivered me from so much. I owe it all to Jesus.

On a side note, it dawned on me today why so many have to advance quickly. It's almost a necessity in order to make decent money. One word, locality. Locality pay is NOT great here. Let's just say I loss a considerable amount of money moving back or rather, I laid down that money :) It's worth it. To be in God's perfect will, you better believe it! This leads me to remember another reason I am thankful for Houston. Houston afforded us the opportunity to make money. We are completely out of debt. Granted, we owe practically nothing to our name but that's quite alright. I'd much rather have it this way. So if you are looking to make money, move to Houston! :)

Yes, my body finally gave out. The weather changed bright sunny on Sunday to rainy and humid Monday and today. I came home and was zonked out. My body forced me to sleep about 7pm. Thankful I obeyed. I guzzled a ton of OJ for vitamin C. Pulled out my winter socks, sweater and all. My beloved husband laid hands and prayed for my healing. I have no time to get sick. Thank you Jesus I feel better.

I start training tomorrow. Everything is on schedule. God is good. I had the last 2 days to take it easy at work. Helping out here and there. I got paid very well to 'redact.' Fancy word for 'black-out' SSN numbers. I know, I thought it was silly too. The word that is. Why use a fancy/complicated word for a simple task? Here's a thought. Is that not also how us Christians can be at times? We use fancy words to explain 'christian' things hoping that equates to depth. Or sometimes, we just don't know how to be real and relate to people so we mask with fluffy words. Here's my request, just tell me like it is!! Fancy words cannot make up or compensate for something that just isn't there. Keep it simple. People appreciate it. No worries, I'm preaching right to myself on this one as well.

Our life in NC is beginning to 'sink' in and take real form (ie, we are not on vacation. We must all work, etc.). It's good, very good. We had family prayer time tonight. Something powerful when we agree, out loud! Praise God. I teared up.

I enjoy family. Goofing around. Laughing. Having people around constantly to chill with. I find it hard to pry myself away. Give me a few weeks and I'll probably be begging for quiet....when my dad returns. :) I love my dad. I love having my family around -dreaming with them and just doing life with them.

Ok, gotta run. Time for prayer with mi husband.

Before I head out, I'm praying that you too know the love of family. If not blood, than certainly the Family of God. Blessings!

Comments

Unknown said…
I never leave comments. But keep writing. I always learn something about how to be husband or wife the right way.

Popular Posts