Trooper

Chi Thanh, what a trooper. We have been in and out of town the past few weeks and did not get a chance to visit until yesterday. What an inspiration to see her faith and trust in the Lord...during all circumstances.

Chi Thanh is a church memeber current in ICU (not for long, in the Name of Jesus) awaiting a liver transplant. As the Body of Christ, we are in agreement that the Lord is a provider and He will supply for her every need, from the physical to the spiritual.

I incredibly encouraged and humbled when I saw her. Her steadfastness in the Lord and how she holds fast to Him - her beloved, her Savior, the Author and Perfector of her faith.

I cry very easily. Prior to visiting, I asked God to help strengthen me to not be so "emotional" - to show emotion in the sense of having compassion or being moved by the Holy Spirit is different than when I sometime cry for "pity" or feelings of sorrow for a person. I did not want to cry when I initially saw her for how she appears in the physical while in the hospital room is not permanent. There is no need to be emotional and feel "sorry" because she WILL rise up and she IS healed in the Name of Jesus. For some odd reason, me not crying when I saw her initially was somewhat of symbol of me standing in agreement with her that this is temporary, God is bigger - no big deal! Now when we began to pray for her, that was a different story. I and my husband (I haven't seen him cry in a long time) were overwhelmed with God's compassion and were moved to tears. That was ok b/c I believe God wants to continually remind Chi Thanh that she has a God that hears and a family of God that loves her dearly - on our knees, interceding on her behalf.

The grace to which she has carried herself speaks VOLUMES of her faith and love for Christ - He is her everything. She resolved long time ago that all that she has belongs to Him; she belongs to Him. Her inner beauty speaks volumes of her husband as well. A. Cuoc faithfully worships, not missed a single Sunday. He does not walk around doomed and gloomed, for He puts His hope in the Lord.

How encouraging, how convicting.

What a great perspective reminder. Many will come to Christ through Chi Thanh, Anh Cuoc and Hall of Famer Phillip. Praise the Lord for HE will receive all the glory.

The beauty of a mother's love. Chi Thanh's mother was peacefully asleep in her ICU room. The love of a mother, like none other. Thank God for our mothers. Regardless of the age, a mom never stops loving, never stops caring.

Comments

Popular Posts