forsaking

Forsaking her own desire and her pride to honor God and to choose God's will and His best.

Wedding invitations are out, honeymoon is planned, marriage counseling took place, wedding dress is purchased, flowers, the menu and the wedding place is booked...but no wedding.

I found out today someone I know that planned to wed end of March called off the wedding.

From April and on, God kept putting this young lady on my heart. I kept thinking to ask her how married life is going but something in me would hesitate every time. Today I saw the lady again and the same question pops into my head but again I hesitate. As I walk back to my desk she is still there and I sensed from God it is okay to ask her.

She began to share the wedding never happened. Weeks before the wedding, her husband to be shared some things not previously disclosed that changed things in a drastic way. After prayer and seeking God's will, she sensed and decided he is not the person God has intended for her. Wow!

What a difficult decision. How she swallowed her pride for the sake of being in the center of God's will. I am talking this lady is near approaching her 40's with desires for children. This was not an easy decision but her love for Christ caused her to abandon and forsake all others.

So what does this mean for her? Not sure, only God knows what her future holds. I know she is a living testimony of one who follows Christ, she is handling the situation with dignity and grace while she praises God for His love for not allowing her to marry someone He did not intend for her.

Why did it happen this way? Why weeks before the wedding and not during the time of courtship? Only God knows. Perhaps that is not for us to figure out but just to know that God loves us too much to allow us to step into something that is not in His will but there is free will.

Comments

Popular Posts