emotions


Is it not true?!?

I heard it shared by someone this question that was posed of her. What is the best thing about being a female? The response was, "no doubt, our emotions." The ability and capacity for us to feel, express and capture different emotions for different situations and sometimes all at the same time! How we are able to feel so many different things and be expressive with those emotions. And then this follow up question was posed, "what is the worst thing about being a female?" And the same response was given, our emotions! How true.

Our emotions are wonderful in how it captures and expresses what we feel but at the same time, how dangerous our emotions can be if that is all we live by.

I love the fact that I am emotional - I cry at Hallmark commercials, my heart melts when I see a little girl dancing or sitting on her dad's lap, and how my heart aches when I think about little children without parents and anyone to tell them that they are loved. But at the same time, I dislike the fact that I am such an emotional creature that I allow often times my emotions and "feelings" to run my day.

I am not to surpress and deny my feelings or emotions but rather allow emotions to serve its intent but choose and allow the truth - the truth of the situation, the truth of God's word, the truth of who Christ is and who I am in Him to run my day.

Emotions are real. The key is balance.

Comments

Popular Posts