He is...Psalm 16

Out of my devotion today.

Surely God is good in His timely words and instruction. How He constantly confirms and reaffirms the things He is teaching me and showing me in the quiet time I spend with Him. Surely my God is good and is for me...my success IN Him.

2 I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing."

All that I have is from Him and all that I am I owe to Him. He clothes me in His righteousness and by His grace I am able to be who I am.

5 LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.

Praise the Lord for He has assigned my portion because He IS my portion. His ways and His plans for my life are none other. Only the Creative Genius could think up and design. God has been revealing bits and pieces...the full picture has not been revealed so that I may continually press into Him and not grow prideful but He gives me enough nuggets here and there that my heart may be secure...for my lot is secure in Him. My destiny, my calling.

6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.

The territory He is giving me, my Promise Land. Glory be to God. It looks great from here. God continually reminds me that He gives me just enough of the picture so that I do not grow complacent; I am constantly looking and hoping towards something greater - moving forward but not the entire full picture so that I constantly learn what it means to be committed and devoted, loyal to where He has me now. Looking ahead but not missing out on what is right here in front of me. God is a God of order, seasons, and stages - they are all intricably interwined and flow together.

7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.

Even when I sleep! God doesn't waste anytime. I found myself awake at 3am this morning and having a bit of a hard time falling back asleep. If you know me, I have NO problem falling asleep, staying asleep and going back to sleep. Ask my husband. Trying to move me once I am asleep is a workout - I dead weight! :)

Me waking up could be a combination of several different things: Me falling asleep without running through my routine before bed; sleeping earlier, etc.

So I laid awake for what seemed to be forever (I am sure it was about 15 min. or so) and I just began to ask God what He wanted to speak to me or if I needed to pray for someone. I didnt "hear" God say anything to me so I began to pray - starting with the man beside me, my husband :) He has been working so hard on our house. God led me to pray for others and then I found myself fast asleep again.

8 I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.

He is my unshakeable rock! When everything around is shaken, He remains. What comfort and what peace.

11 You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Amen! Amen! My God is a God that LONGS to make Himself known. Just look around. All of creation cries out His name, His beauty, His creativity, His love. He is not a cruel God that keeps truths and things from us and then expects us to know the answers or to pass the "test" without properly instructing and helping. He is for US!

Comments

Popular Posts