He's got our back...COVERED!

Praise God I am covered in the protection by the powerful blood of Jesus. I am holding on to His promise and claiming in authority. God is up to great things & the enemy knows it and is not too happy. Surely God didn't cause these things and not necessarily the enemy but surely God will use it for GOOD as the enemy desires destruction. I have been keeping in prayer. Prayer, prayer, prayer and praising, praising, praising!!

Right before we headed out to ATL for Duke's wedding and visting my family (along with A. Dat preaching) I received some unexpected news - I had no clue. Praise God it eventually worked out.

Before we went to our Marriage Retreat (Thurs. 5/8), I prayed for protection over our house and loved ones. We finally got on our way and was 30 min. into the drive and get a phone call that my husband's office lost power. Come to find out, 1000's of others lost power as well. The office had only 2 employees that day, normally they have 4 total. We knew the retreat was going to be good and the enemy wants to stir up trouble. My husband prayed again a specific prayer of protection for our jobs, our loved ones and specifically their household. Praise God, about 15 min. later the power is back on! The retreat was great (another blog). On Sat. on our way back to Houston to attend the Global Day of Prayer meeting hosted at VBC and where my husband would take part in worship and praying we are eating lunch in Grapevine and my eye caught the news that a hurricane hit Greensboro, NC on Thursday (the day we left for the retreat). I had not watched the news all weekend and had no idea. I called my family to make sure & was affirmed everything was fine. Every single property of ours was untouched. My mom said the street down from one of our houses got hit pretty bad but the storm did not affect any of my family members. Praise God!

Last Wed. (5/14)week a dresser drawer fell & barely missed me along with the TV stationed on top. Praise God it was "slow motion" so the pressure was not as intense which helped helped to break the fall and only the drawers (one after the other) ended up banging my legs. Praise God for His protection, it could have been alot worst and I was home alone. My husband was at his bible study. The TV fell to the side of me, inches away from my foot. If you are wondering, the TV still works! God is good. It happened slow but fast and I was so confused. By the time I realized what happened and what didn't happen, I thanked God and quickly made sure all of the clothes were still nicely folded as I spent a good hour organzing (putting winter things away as well). How silly!

Last Friday (5/16), my husband sprained his ankle and is still limping but is doing much better. He hurt it pretty bad (totally not mobile Fri. PM or all day Sat.) He said he had not felt that much pain since he tore his ACL and had to have surgery. Praise God. No wonder God had me up the night beefore praying...for his protection first. God is good.

Sunday (5/18)we played some softball and on the way to dinner with some friends, my husband's car starts to make some strange noises. Funny thing is just a couple of minutes prior someone asked how the car was doing and we said just "great!" Praise God we do not think it is anything major but we have carpooled since Monday. Needless to say, we canceled dinner, drove straight home and took my car - didn't want to take any chances of being stranded on the road. We prayed for God's protection and just help in getting the car fixed. He knows what we need. A brother in the church helped "diagnose" the problem over the phone at 10pm! :) My husband purchased the part yesterday (praise God it was in stock) and it should be only about $60 to fix.

Then last night (5/19), we find out some things that we thought was already resolved but apparently has not been taken care of. We would have never found out if we didn't receive some mail that gave us an indication. Praise God for He is ONE that's got our back! We are praying about how to resolve this concern but we are confident that God has got us covered. I am staying in prayer. God has a great track record, surely He will not fail us now!

Comments

Popular Posts