in my hand!


May 2 was my nephew Joshua's birthday. I called to wish him a Happy Birthday. I had a chance to speak with my mom and she told me he said the darnest thing.

Let me give you some background. Joshua is the youngest grand-baby and there a signifcant age gap between him and his other brothers. Timothy is 11 and Philip is 13.

So he is playing video games - Nintendo Wii. He is only 5 but thinks he is way older since his siblings are a bit older than he. My mom comes into his room and wishes him a happy birthday & asked him did he know today was his birthday. He says, I know because it is May 2. He then proceeds to tell her because it is my birthday I will play any game I want. (he is constantly having to wait his turn with 2 older brothers).

My brother comes home from work and wishes him a happy birthday. Joshua proceeds to say, "my aunt promised me a gameboy. I do not see it in my hand so it is not my birthday yet!" I absolutely cracked up!!

Now don't hold me to any doctrine for I got none but when I heard that statment, I couldn't help but chuckle and think that God does not mind if I am that stubborn and confident to proclaim regardind the things of His will for my life and for the Church. How quickly we can settle for what is right before us or for what people will tell us rather than hold fast and persistent to what God has promised in not giving up until we see or have the things He has promised and has purposed in our hands!

Claim it in faith but be tenacious in seeing it in the physical.

Comments

Popular Posts