chili

God uses the most creative ways to send word of His love & just to say, 'i'm thinking of you!'

several weeks back, i recall having a 'pressing' week -- pressing into God. i remember praying and sure enough, God sent love and 'relief' by way of chili!



ok you gotta understand something. i like chili, but i don't like the beans in the chili. does that still make it chili? anyway.... when i eat chili, i eat around the beans.

one night i was hungry. my beloved husband runs to the wendy's down the street & orders a large chili. i took a couple of bites saving the rest for lunch. the next day as i am devouring my chili, i realized something -- no beans!! could it be? no beans? an entire BIG bowl of chili and no beans?? right then and there i knew it was love. God sent chili, no beans just the way i like it to say, 'i love you my dear!'

i later called my husband to share my love story. he tried to take the credit and said he stayed up after i went to bed and ate all the beans for me :) he nearly fooled me for a moment there but nah -- it was all my God!

so yes, God can send His love by any way --- chili with beans or no beans, however you like it He will personalize it to YOU! so next time you get chili without the beans and you don't like beans....don't write it off, it could be God :)

a silly story it may be but it is my personal, silly love story!

Comments

Popular Posts