Staying in the Game!

Much pressing and pushing but I am in for the long haul - staying in the game. I am all the more encouraged because I know this means that God is continually up to something great in my life and the enemy knows it.

I love images - when I think of my spiritual life & specifically in regards to ministry and the concept of "staying in the game", I literally see me in a game.

There are times when my adrenaline is pumping and I am going all out and nothing can stop me. But yet there are times (and sometimes all in one game) when my body is tired and it wants to give out and do nothing but call it quits. But then there are times when I just need a water break or to take a time out to catch a breath. And there are times when I need to huddle with my teammates or need the chant of cheers from the fans or the cheerleaders letting me know they are for me and definitely needing to be infused with words of confidence & vision from my coach. And then I have found there are times when I may need to simply sit on the bench for a while and allow someone to relieve or carry my part for just a little bit until I can regain focus, perspective and motivation.

The fact that I take, need to take or want to a water break or a time out does not mean that I am out of the game, a quitter, unqualified or not sold out to the game it just simply means I need a recharge. The enemy would have us convinced or discouraged to believe his lie that we are "no good" but that is the furthest thing from the truth. Jesus snuck away for a recharge quite frequently. It is healthy, it is needed, it is vital if you want to be a thriving and fresh follower of Christ.

Comments

Popular Posts