Steadfast

"Our help is in the name of the LORD, the Maker of Heaven and earth." Psalm 124:8

My heart will remain steadfast upon the Lord for He is my Help. He is capable and able because He is the Maker of heaven and earth. Out of my devotion today. Praise the Lord.

This week has been a great week in the Lord - much Pushing and Pressing with prayer but a great week. God is for me and working on my behalf.

Several things weigh on my heart but I praise God for how He continually guides my feet. I have been quiet, prayerfully in fellowship with my God, being still to hear from Him. The beautiful thing in seeking and in fellowship, my heart is at peace and I find rest - in His presence.

God continually reminds me of His love and His pursuit while in the waiting. He is so thoughtful and sends love in the most intimate and personal ways to let me know it is love from heaven above!

If you know me, I don't enjoy food. Some say they live to eat, I eat to live - for real! I eat only b/c my body demands it. I have been feeling fatigue lately - lack of sleep and exercise, I know, I know. God has been pressing my heart to take care of my body. So anyway, on 3 separate occasions this week I have gone to purchase lunch in our cafeteria - always a bit of a dread cause I never know what they are going to have. One day, I craved spaghetti - they had spaghetti. The next day I was thinking man, a taco salad would be great ( I enjoy Mexican food) - they had taco salad. And today, I wanted a hot dog, and yep, I am eating a chili dog. OK, I know what you may be thinking now, I AM NOT PREGNANT :) When it happens, we will let you know :) Praise God for we are in His perfect timing! :)

God is in the simple, the everyday. He is all into me and about me - even the foods I crave and the things that make me smile. That shows me His realness and His intimacy with me. You see God loves me that much that He knows I don't enjoy food but He would put a craving in my body so that I will eat b/c my body needs strength and energy to continue to do Kingdom work! My God is an intimate God. He is real to me and He is personal.

If you find yourself wondering if God is real. Or if you struggle with "comparing" or trying to "measure" the realness and intimacy you have with God by boxing God into how others experience Him, rest dear one - God speaks to us differently but each very personally and intimately. God is in the simple, sweet ways that when you see or hear, your heart skips a beat, you stop and giggle and just can't help but smile and say, "thank-you Lord - that was you" and it brings your heart into worship and adoration of the Father - that my friend is a REAL encounter with the Living God, personal and intimate.

This message is for someone b/c it is not from me but Holy Spirt inspired. I went to blog about my devotion and God has allowed the subsequent message to be written for someone out there who is running hard after God, seeking His face, desiring Him but find themselves struggling b/c they don't fit the "mold" of what they see around - what appears to be the "standard." God Himself is the standard. He has made us all different and unique - be you and allow and receive His love that is intimate and personal to YOU!

Comments

Popular Posts