Word for Today: Breakdown

“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” II Corinthians 4:16-17

A pastor once said, “sometimes you gotta have a breakdown so you can have a breakthrough which brings a breakout.”

Sure that sounds very lovely and great when you are standing on the side of your “breakthrough” or your “breakout” but what about when you are in the breakdown stage or stepping close to the breakdown? It’s not fun but God’s says this, “I am God. I am in control. I love you, you can trust in me.” God never said it would be easy, but He says He will walk us through it.

If we are to truly experience breakthrough that brings a breakout into our God destiny, we must resolve to continue to move forward; regardless of the stage, how painful or uncomfortable, keep walking. No one said you had to like it, look pretty or jump and praise when you go through it. Though yes if we enjoy the process it would make things more pleasant and quicker but just get to a place where you tell God, “I don’t care what it takes, what you have to do, what I have to do, I just want to be free.”

How badly do you want your breakthrough? How badly do you want to see His Kingdom come in your life, your marriage, and your family? During suitable and comforting environments such as a Friday or Sunday service where the music is playing and we are among this rally of believers who “cheer” us on, it is easy for us to make declarations and promises to God. I do believe those moments are sincere and heartfelt but what truly makes the life changing difference is what you say when you are alone - you and God or what you say when pressed up against that tough decision or stronghold. In that moment God is saying, “OK show me. Show me outwardly in action what you profess inwardly." This is where you resolve and you push forward, submitting your will to HIS WILL.

Wherever this word finds you today, the resounding truth is this: God is FOR you and He has never left your side. Rest in the knowledge that He is a good God and He is FOR you. Resolve to Resist the devil and to REST in God.

Prayer: Dear Father, you are God and I am not. I rest in you and I hope in you alone. Do what you need to do to bring me to the place where I am in your perfect will for only there will I truly find peace and power for I am in your presence. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

(image: intrance.in)

Comments

Popular Posts