Word: Stand (Tuesday 6/30)

“Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request” I Chronicles 4:10

God is looking for a people to bless. The issue and question today is this, can you stand to be blessed by God?

God is not slow but rather He has been earnestly looking for any trustworthy man or woman in whom He can bless. So again I ask, can you stand to be blessed by God?

Have you been faithful to the small in the here and now that God has already entrusted to you so that He can eventually entrust you with more? Have you worked to the full and multiplied what you currently have in your hand without excuse or rationalization “if only I had more” or “if only I had this I could do this?” Are you one who demonstrates you are all about God and His glory? Or do you seek His hand rather than His face?

It is not God that is slow or withholding blessings. It’s the people. We have yet to position ourselves to be blessed. God knows we are a people prone to wander and prone to pride. Can you be trusted with His resources to ensure it will be properly used and not wasted? And above all, can you be trusted with His glory to not exalt yourself or to use God for your own personal agenda?

The question for God’s people today is this, “can you stand to be blessed?” And if you can stand to be blessed, are you standing in a place where He can bless you?

Prayer: Dear Father, You are an abundant God looking to and fro the ends of the earth seeking a people to pour out your blessings. For too long your people have lived under and below what you have intended falsely believing the lie of the enemy that that is must my “lot.” Thank you for the reminder that you have your “act” together, you have been waiting on us. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts