home

again, God uses that 3 year old child name Faith to build my faith in the most interesting but perfect timings. how fitting her parents named her the name they did!

over the past few weeks, she has been "randomly" asking me questions on the lines of, "do you have a home, why don't you have a home, where is your home?" and my response each time is, "no i do not have a home, but can you share your home with me?" and her loving response is always, "yes! i will share my house with you." my cup runneth over! at first when i thought about it, i was a bit "sad." yes, she is right, we don't have a home. and as a girl, that can be challenging at times but i am so thankful for how God prepares my heart and for the welcoming of our family and current living arrangement that has made the many levels of our transition pleasant & smooth.

the second to last time she asked me, i told her "we already talked about that remember?" to which she said "yes, i remember." and then the final time she asked me again which would have been over a week and 1/2 ago, she strains her neck to look up to me as i am sitting on a barstool and says, "do you have a home? that's okay, because your home is in my heart" all in one breath with no time for me to respond. to this date, she has never mentioned it again. such a God thing huh?

if you only knew, you would know the literal and spiritual implication of those Faith-faith filled words. God used that child to remind me and encourage me that we are on pilgrimage. this is the way it is suppose to be. do not feel "sad" or out of place for we are nomadic for a while and during this season, there is no "true" place to call home, yet that is. yes, we have a house that we have made it our own "home" but no true place of our own and that is okay. when i say "home" - i mean it in every sense of the word, physically speaking and at times, relationally speaking. BUT, in all things, God is great and i am so thankful for our family, on both sides. surely God is great and good in providing perfectly.

at the end of it all, family always remain.

hold onto the family you have. invest and take the time to appreciate. take time to mend and to repair what needs to be done because at the end of the day and after all your friends and peeps say "good-night," family remains. they got you when you need them and when everyone who said they would stay, are no where to be found.

Comments

Popular Posts