frailty

2010 - a reminder of the reality of life and death, the frailty of life, disease/death does not discriminate and an urgency to appreciate the ones you love and let them know while you still have an opportunity.

we are only 9 days into 2010 and i have already attended 2 funerals and have heard of another death. the reality of life and death is real. the reality of the frailty of life and our time on this earth is urgent. the reality that we all make the mistake of taking people and even our own mortality for granted but death is no respecter of man.

what a reminder to love, when you still have the time. to let the past be the past and begin to focus on the things that really matter, those things that have eternal value. but even more for me, what a reminder to live out my days to the FULL lest i leave this earth not accomplishing what He sent me to do. but with that, i have FULL peace and trust that my God will keep me until He deems my purpose, my assignment on this earth has been completed. and then and only then will He take me home.

Comments

Popular Posts