The C's

the 4 c's -- calm, cool, collected and then continue.

in a brief moment of chaos or confusion, stay calm, cool, collected and then continue with what you were doing. be not moved or shaken by a fleeting moment that will pass.

background history:
the Lord spoke to me the above this morning when i "blew" out the power. i had the hairdryer & space heater going at the same time. that's a no-no. i was drying my hair and all of sudden it goes pitch dark (it's about 6am & i am the only one up). my mind raced & quickly thought, oh no, i blew out the entire house, what if we can't fix it, we have to call a professional & i am in trouble (not our house) and bottom line, what an inconvenience for the entire house. all in that second, i thought those thoughts. but then i chose to hold my peace. i calmed down & woke up my husband. he quietly went to the garage.

i couldn't dry my hair but proceeded to get dress & go about my routine -- despite the darkness. i didn't know how long it would take to come back on but it didn't matter, i did what i needed to do (i used my cell phone as light).

it couldn't have been but a few minutes later when the power came back on. apparently, our room was the only room affected. all my husband had to do was reset the breaker.

i think i passed the test today :)

Comments

Popular Posts