Stretch Marks

I'm praying for stretch marks, spiritual stretch marks that is!

Believe me, I'm not really 'praying' for them if you know what I mean but I'm praying for an extra measure of grace and strength as I submit to God's stretching. Believe me when I say it is nothing of my own admission or something I do because I'm some super Christian because if given the 'option,' I would choose my flesh and the easy road every time, but then I wouldn't be able to sleep at night and I would be a total wreck. And TRUST me, I have made enough mistakes to know that would NOT be good for anyone - especially that man of mine! lol. It is a miserable place to be - in disobedience, whether 'big or small, intentional or unintentional.'

But I will say this, I've learned a thing or two since those mistakes, praise God! One thing that motivates me in addition to the obvious primary goal of honoring God is this reality: I'm getting to a point in my life where I cannot afford a 'mis-step' or a 'little disobedience.' Can we even say there is such a thing as a little disobedience? It's like the saying, 'a little white lie.' Either you are obedient or not. Period. Ouch. It hurts so good sometimes! Bottom line is this, I ain't got time to go around that same mountain again and again! Thank you, Jesus.

As a follower of Jesus Christ, I am called to a life of obedience. To the full measure, to the brim. And get this, Jesus never said it would be easy or pleasant! :) But one thing I know, He'll make the process beautiful, in His time and it will be well worth the momentary anguish or just being constantly uncomfortable!

I love God's logic. As Ed Young Jr. says, 'uncomfortably, comforted.'

Comments

Popular Posts