reflection

I am trying to organize some pictures for our church website. In the process, I discovered pictures forgotten but yet how quickly the memory flooded back when I saw it again, as if it was yesterday. Is this a sign of old age?!? That was a phrase my mom would say frequently when she pulled out an old family picture or something of that sort - "....it seems like it was just yesterday you were this big..." type of statement.

Ok, back to my pictures. It was intersting and humbling to see the 'transformation' and changes over the years - not just in physical appearance but in relationships, circumstances and just life. Praise God for memories, new seasons and better fashion sense and hairstyles!

But all joking aside, because I am such an emotional chick, a mix of different emotions married together as I reminiced. I praise God for all things. Indeed He makes everything beautiful. I am so grateful to be able to look back and have nothing but fond memories. Fond memories not because everything was perfect and great, fond because God takes all things and He shapes it and molds it into something beautiful - over time. When you are infinitely loved by the King, everything is well. And when you love and you love well, nothing is a loss. Just sweet. Praise God!

Comments

Popular Posts