leadership note

A note to my leadership team:

A resounding word God keeps speaking to my spirit over the past few months is this: "wake-up & no more church games."

Over the past few days, the word has been impressed upon my heart even stronger. This is a word for the Church (all churches) but especially for leaders (in general, not just us). There needs to be a spiritual awakening. An awakening to the reality of what is taking place in the spiritual realm & a return to the purpose of why God created the church & why He has given certain gifts, talents, and blessings. It's not about us.

One of our youth had a dream. If you haven't already read it, please do so:

So last night I had a weird dream that I wanted to share because I thought it had some meaning in it.

So in my dream, girl A and her family bought a new house somewhere out in the country. The youth group went to go visit her. She showed us around the house and then took us into the backyard. She opened this metal door to a shelter. We all entered and then she shut the door on us. She pulled a lever and we started to descend. It got hotter and darker. Everyone was afraid. I was holding on to someone and I was thinking in my head "Lord help us, were getting sucked into hell". So we made a plan that once the doors opened we would find a way out ASAP! The doors opened. I ran with timothy who had a black shirt on. Guy A told me to hurry, he said this was the right way. I then realized the others were not following us, I turn around, and I see the rest of the group running the opposite way with Tim in a white shirt! I was like whats going on and then I turn back around and the Guy A in the black shirt said "Game Over, your lost"....then my dream ended.

What I thought it meant:

The Devil is everywhere in disguise and tries to deceive you in whatever you do. Trying to get you on the wrong path. He's trying to get you away from God. Don't let him win!! you must fight against him and prevail, declare victory over him because you have Jesus Christ by your side 24/7 to protect you from the Devil and his temptation.


I am so proud of the student for sharing and for his interpretation. But even more so, the students need us to stand in the gap on their behalf. My heart skipped a beat as I read the post, it was real. Vivid. Holy fear overcame me because I want to do my part and tremble at the thought of me failing to do my part.

The enemy has been defeated. We do not live in fear for God has overcome and greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world! But the reality is this, the enemy never takes a day off. He never sleeps. He never rests. I say this only to keep reminding us to push in prayer and to remain vigilant. We are to be a watchdog. The gatekeeper. A little slumber, a little relaxing is exactly what the enemy wants. May God help us and open our eyes to see the reality of the spiritual realm and the assault the enemy is making on our youth specifically but also on this young generation.

If you have been reading "Crazy Love," you are now probably made even more aware that "church" is not about us. But yet so many people 'play church games,' not being fully awakened to God's purpose and intent. This world is not our home. We are called to un-do the work of the enemy and bring God's kingdom on earth. We can do all things through Christ & the power of the Holy Spirit.

While yes God wants us to enjoy His blessings, enjoy the life He has given, rest, etc. but may God help us to balance and remember our comfort and enjoyment is not the main purpose, it doesn't end there - it is all about saving souls and restoring lives in Jesus. God freely gives so that we may in turn freely give back to Him.
Having shared all of this, we trust God. We are NOT Satan focused but God focused. We will not give the enemy more attention than he deserves but there needs to be a greater awareness.

All God asks of us is this:
1. Fully surrendered lives, sold out to Jesus
2. Faithful and committed to the studying of His Word and teaching
3. A life of prayer

God will do His work through us, we only need to be available. It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict and change lives, not ours. We need not feel the pressure. Yes He gives us a burden and sense of urgency to drive us to our knees in prayer.

Over the next few weeks, we will be walking with the students through various topics that may be new to many of them. For others, we are "un-doing" bad habits and thinking. The kids don't know any better, the "world view" is all they know because that is all they have been shown. MTV and cable television have been raising our kids. BUT -- PRAISE GOD, He always provides ---YOU. Praise God! This is a journey and process, we'll take it one step at a time, loving the kids through the process with patience and grace. They will not change overnight. And that's okay. We are to faithfully communicate the Word of God. Pray. And then allow God to work in their life.

While many of us are not that much older than the youth, we must admit the culture and temptations they live in and deal with is very different than what we faced growing up. They have it 10 times harder. May God help us to see things for what they really are, today. This is the sole reason why Anh Dat and I (and you guys too, I'm sure) want to be out of debt and make tons of money - to give it all for the Kingdom. I want to provide alternatives for this generation, our students & their friends. The youth will hang out at places, why not at my house or my coffee shop where they can at least be exposed to healthy things? They need jobs, why not have a business that is centered on Christ and employ them?!? This has always been Anh Dat and my dream. God is going to do it, we are so close, but we still have a ways to go. I know you guys want the same thing too. Thank you for your prayers & support.

I'm praying for each of you.

Please continue to pray for the youth on your list. Would you continue to pray for each student passionately and fervently as if you were praying for your own child? Imagine your child lying in a hospital bed fighting for their life or God forbid but how would we pray for our own child and their protection if someone was stalking them to harm them?

As you get to know me more, I am passionate and intense. :) My greatest fear is to get to the end of my life, stand before Jesus and have Him say, "you had a good life, you did well, but you missed the assignment I had for you!" When everything is said and done, all that counts in heaven is how many souls we brought with us. As serious as I am at times, it is also important to enjoy the process and journey. Something God has been teaching me to balance. That's why I love our team, different balances :)

In everything I have shared, my heart finds joy and peace in this truth: WE WIN!! Regardless of what will happen (end times) we know how the story ends, we win! However, I want to live in victory now, on this earth and dance all the way into heaven!

God bless you all as you personally worship and magnify our King. I'm so proud of our team! Let's keep going, shepherds'!!

Comments

Popular Posts