frailty

Over the past few months, God has been impressing upon my heart all the more of the reality of the frailty of life. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. Planet earth is not our home. He has prepared for us (those in Christ) an everlasting home.

I no longer fear death, for I know where I am headed. However, if I were to "fear" anything on this side of heaven, it would be the fear of getting to the end of my life to only realize, I ran the wrong race or even worst, I didn't even run the race Christ Jesus set out for me.

While we do not live in fear (because fear is not from God), we are called to live in light of eternity, as citizens of heaven. May God impress upon our hearts to live with intention and purpose every day, His purpose for our life.

Truly it would be a terrible tragedy to get to the end of your life only to stand before Jesus and hear him say, "you did well for yourself, but you missed the assignment I had for you." I'm not talking about salvation. I'm speaking to those who are IN Christ to be awakened to the purpose for which Christ saved you.


The life of Christ can be summed up with this two-fold purpose: He redeems and restores. May God help us to live our days with the reminder that we have each been given the same assignment. We find the lost, take them to the Redeemer who redeems their soul, and restores their life. Regardless of your arena, realm of influence or how God has deemed you to go about completing this assignment, the heart of the message is universal, saving souls.

Comments

Popular Posts