Youngster

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
I Timothy 4:12

When I think of my little man's, God brought the above verse to mind. My "little" man's are not so little anymore. When did they become teenagers?!? Good looking one's too!

We took my nephews, Timothy(in blue) and Philip (in red) with us on our recent ministry trip. They have not been the same ever since. My heart is overwhelmed as I write this message for God has been faithful and has done a great a mighty work. Those babies, now young men are like my own sons. God knows the prayers. He is faithful. It was indescribable joy when I was able to personally lay hands and pray to bless them as the Spirit moved strongly upon them. Is this a glimpse of motherhood. AHH, my heart is full.

Days prior to our departure for TX, God provided "casual" conversations. My heart prayed that they had more than just a camp experience. One nephew and I studied a psalms together. Another time he shared memorable moments from the testimony night. He shared how blessed we are. He specifically mentioned he was grateful his parents are still married and they love each other. I cried. With the divorce rate these days and the stories we heard still fresh on our hearts, that deserves much praise. We talked about his platform. He wasn't sure of his. I challenged him to use his facebook. My other nephew was asked to be a mentor. He shared he is trusting God in all things because he always works things for the best. And the final night prior to my departure back to TX, we three held hands and prayed. My cup runneth over to hear their prayers. I know for sure all of heaven was moved. We were all moved to tears, God was in our midst.

I am proud to say they had more than a camp experience. They are transformed. Their facebook is going strong to prove it! lol.

One will be a preacher -- winning more to Christ and gaining more grounds than his grandparents, mother/father AND aunt/uncle combined. He is our firecracker, passionate, influencer. Glory. And the other nephelow (a. Dat word) will be successful leader/entrepreneur. He is the calm, low voice, steady one. How am I so blessed to have witnessed all of this glory? Whew, my cup runneth over.
You never know what teenagers - "kids" are picking up. They absorb more than we think. They feel. They think. They are deep. They have something to say. Are we listening?

To bear witness to God's goodness, here are some quotes and scriptures from their journey since camp:
  • Philippians 3:13-14
  • Messing up doesn't mean you have to give up.
  • The power of God is stronger than the power of man.
  • Friends come and go but God is always with us.
  • The feeling of failure and rejection shouldn't stop you from doing anything!

  • Your life, your choice. What will you decide to do with your life.
  • Psalm 25:4-7
  • Isaiah 41:10
  • Ezra 10:4
  • I John 4:9-10
  • Proverbs 18:10
  • John 11:35 (he knew it was the shortest verse in the bible!)
  • Deuteronomy 31:6
  • Our mind is powerful and with the right tools and determination, we can be God's hands and feet.

Comments

Popular Posts