George Mueller

This afternoon while sitting at the kitchen table preparing for our upcoming training in Dallas, I had a "moment." I was researching Christian quotes on prayer. As I read the quotes, my curiosity was peaked to read up on the lives of the quote originator. I learned information on Corey ten Boom, James Hudson Taylor and E.M. Bounds to name a few. What stories and legacy of faith! But it wasn't until I read the bio of George Mueller did I have my "moment." I remember hearing vaguely in a sermon of how he trusted God for every provision to run his orphanage. He never asked anyone for money or donations. He prayed. God provided.

I was reading out loud to my husband and when I got to the part where it recounted a time when him and all the orphan kids were sitting at the breakfast table. They thanked God for the food, all the while the cupboards laid bare. There was no food, yet they gave thanks. They expected. They knew their God. As soon as they said "amen," there was a knock at the door. It was a baker. He came to deliver fresh bread. Needless to say, I didn't get through the reading of that portion the first time or second time around, I was overwhelmed. My heart so tender, so connected. Even as I type this blog, I am overwhelmed again. I had a moment.

I had a connecting faith moment when my heart was connected with my passion. My heart was alive and tender because it connected. My passion is prayer. Prayer moves mountains. I know. I love prayer. I live by prayer. What an exhilarating adventure to live by faith in prayer. How it builds your faith and your intimacy with God. I know of God's provision. I know what it is to trust Him in the darkest or seemingly hopeless situations. He is faithful. My heart also beats for the less fortunate - the widows, the orphans. I love it. What a moment.

When was the last time you had a "moment." Or perhaps for others, if you had a "moment," would you even recognize it?

What does your heart beat for? What is your passion? What is the one thing you hear, read, or see and something surges within you? Don't just have a moment, give feet to your faith and run with it.

Comments

Popular Posts