our nation

(Message emailed on August 19)

I am so not into "politics" so I know this is a God burden and passion. I am into God and into what He is about. Long story short but God has impressed upon my heart the importance of praying for our leaders - especially in the White House (scripture instructs us to do so) and especially to pray everyday for this year's upcoming election.

As Christ followers, we need to do our part to ensure that the freedom's that God has purchased for us are also being protected and promoted by those we put into office.

It is important for us to be well informed and educated in understanding the facts and issues. I am of a particular party but above all, I am a Christ follower. Period.

God is such an awesome provider. With a great revival happening and the things God has been orchestrating, we cannot afford to just let anyone be in office. May His will be done. My spirit is excited for what I believe God has told me will happen as a result of the person we put in office.

A special came on Daystar where Pastor Rick Warren held a forum at his church where both running candidates appeared and were asked the same questions (separately). Praise the Lord!! Christians have influence!!! God is extending our territory. As a result, I urge you to check it out and get the word out. We must do our part!! The Church must rise up and do our part - in our society and community to influence this world. No more sitting on the sidelines and humming and hawing about how much wrong there is in the world until we do our part as Christ followers. The time is near where the Church - the Bride of Christ will rise up and take her rightful place back in this world!!! I believe it is near, very near but we must do our part.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/16/warren.forum/index.html

Comments

Popular Posts