Guidelines - 5 min. commentary

I took a quick break at work today and read the following commentary written by Dr. Harold Sala. God led me to this website about 6 months ago.

It is amazing how God has been pressing the very same thoughts on my heart lately - spending time with the Father - quality time with the Father, not enough time so I can get something out of Him kind of time.

Even this morning in the car driving to work my husband & I were sharing there has got to be a point where you move beyond & balance the well intentioned life - but never doing to the purposeful life that brings forth actions to those well intentions.

This is an excerpt out of today's commentary. What a great reminder.

"We want the light and the heat without taking time be in the sunshine! And when it comes to the presence of the Almighty there is no substitute. You can get an artificial sun tan by basking under a heat lamp. You can have heat today without generating fire, but when it comes to our relationship with God, there is nothing in the entire world which serves as an adequate substitute.

At the height of his very successful ministry a century ago, Dwight L. Moody was a busy man. One day he was sitting in his study working on a message when his son, then a little fellow, entered the study and sat down on the floor. He had been there for just a few moments when Moody somewhat gruffly asked, “What is it you are wanting, son?” thinking that surely the lad wouldn’t have entered his study unless he needed something of his father. Todd, Moody’s son, said, “I just wanted to be where you are!” - DR. HAROLD SALA (GUIDELINES.ORG)

It is the cry of my heart to be "where the Father is!" May He help me to move me from well intentions to consistent practice of those intentions. How true his statement, "we want the light and the heat without taking time to be in the sunshine!" OUCH - I find myself guilty of this statement at times. Despite my laziness at times, God is so incredibly patient & generous - for He cannot deny Who He Is. There are no shortcuts - I end up missing out on developing a satisfying & intimate relationship with the Creator of the Universe who is passionately in love with me! How God pursues endlessly for my heart & friendship. May I not keep God waiting any longer...

Comments

Popular Posts