Cool Pearland Chicks!


SO it has been about 6 months now since I said I was going to start my MySpace. I opted for a blog instead - it is MUCH easier for me than maintaining my own webpage - not to mention trying to make it look cool.

So here it goes. My very first entry. This is SO not me b/c I am a pretty private person. HOWEVER, God has been pressing on my heart more and more about getting out of my comfort zone & living transparently - which often times means allowing myself to be vulnerable before ppl in order that they may have an entry way into my journey. I tell ppl all of the time, take ppl along with you on your journey - let them see the journey, the ups & downs, so that they know you are real! So here I am, putting my OWN words into practice.

My sincere desire is that with every word typed, my God would be glorified, that you the reader would be blessed, challenged, encouraged & maybe even inspired somehow to live a life transparent before your God & before man.

I praise God for the time He has allowed me to spend with ppl this week. I had the awesome priviledge of spending time with the coolest VBC Pearland Chicks this past Wednesday. That's right - Jennifer, Rose & I spent some great quality time.

God is amazing how He purposefully & perfectly ordains all things, right down to the conversation! What a great investment - truly my cup runneth over. I am blessed. We laughed, we joked, we found some crazy whacked out cards at Target, we shared "Sour Patch Kid" snacks, each wrote an encouragement card, shared praise reports & prayer requests - glorifed God & deepended our sisterhood. Life just doesn't get better than that.

I am continually amazed & humbled of how good my God is. My God is an awesome God who is all sufficient. So often I feel inadequate & lacking & sometimes even "not" cool enough for kids to care to spend time with me but I am learning & realizing that my God is enough & He can make up for where I am "lacking." I LOVE spending time with ladies - I love sharing, loving on them, being "mom" & older sister. I loving instilling/imparting godly values & being a listening ear. May God continue to open more doors for discipleship & real "life on life" encounters with young ladies to come.

Comments

Popular Posts