All In A Moment

Talk about a reality check & putting things into perspective for me. I received an email from a college friend informing me the passing of a college friend (2 years under me, age 25) who recently passed.

The email stated that Pam passed away shortly after giving birth to a healthy baby boy. My understanding is the doctors were not able to control her bleeding & as a result loss too much blood & died shortly after. My heart sank. My eyes welled with tears. I was numbed. I felt so much pain & grief for the family. I sat in my cubicle at work & prayed a prayer of comfort & strength for all affected.

As I ponder more on this news, I don't know if I feel more pain & compassion for the families loss- both sides, the husband and the baby or more sadness & deep conviction for the way I have lived. I find myself taking so many blessings for granted & having this tendency of making mountains & fuss over practically nothing. Perhaps it is sadness for all of the above. I continue to pray for the family & especially for that little boy. I trust in My God.

I can be such a globe head sometimes - thinking it is all about me & the world somehow revolves around my world. Yeah right! Thank you Jesus for your grace - I so do not deserve your unmerited favor, kindness & goodness but I receive it as your daughter. I choose to live a life that overflows with gratefulness. I appreciate my husband, my family, my church, my job, my friends - a new day to live a little more these days. Truly every new day I can wake up to is a gift from God not to be wasted. My mornings are a bit different these days. I dread going to work some days - to the point of whining, I am thankful to wake up to be able to go to work! Praise you Lord.

All in a moment so many lives were changed & affected. In the same moment a man became a father, a single father, and a widower. A child enters into this world & is instantly without a mother. How heart wrenching & devastating. I don't begin to understand why - all I know is that God is in control. There are some things we may never understand in this lifetime - but I know that in time, God can do as Romans 8:28 says - He can work all things for the good.

All in a moment, so much can happen.

Comments

Popular Posts