Inheritance


My spirit and mind has been mulling over, especially over the past few weeks just about ministry, love, living, faith, money, purpose, destiny and everything in between. Not obsessive thinking, just thinking. :) I guess you can say, I've been thinking about life. Specifically, my life and my life spent in Christ thus far.

I dare not compare myself to those who have gone before me; who have spent their life, literally, for the sake of Christ. Although we too have been called to 'spend' our life for Christ. Though it may look different for each of us but nonetheless, we are to spend it; give it away.

As the days and months continue, I'm all the more convinced and convicted we are all called to be missionaries. Now where your mission field is, you must ask the Lord. I received a text from a dear friend not too long ago asking for prayer and then she text, 'life is a mission field.' Her statement was simply profound and entirely true.

As a missionary, there are times of weariness. You are out of your comfort zone. No place feels like 'home' but you make it home because that is where God calls you; home is where God places you, until he moves you again. You plant roots, not knowing how long you will stay or remain but always ready to go when he calls. Some places will remember and appreciate you, and others may not. It's alright, because it comes with the package. At times you feel like you are 'working' everyone else's 'field' but your own and you just want to 'settle' and have something of your own. And then I hear God say, am I not enough?

Yes, Lord. You are enough. And I am reminded once again of the following:

1. This world is not home. We are on pilgrimage; just passing through.
2. God is NOT the consolation prize. He IS the Prize.
3. While your portion may be to help everyone elses 'field,' make no mistake, you ARE working your own field as well, the field of your heart - sanctification and maturity. For is it not also about us becoming more like Christ?
4. Indeed we are called to give. And in return, God gives us Himself.
5. How sweet it is to wait upon the Lord.

He is my Inheritance. My Great Reward. My Shield.


**image taken on our trip to the Billy Graham Conference Center**

Comments

Popular Posts