carefree

What I would give to not have a care in the world right now. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not talking about not caring about souls, the Kingdom and the work thereof. I'm talking about have you ever been just plain tired you were tired of being tired?!? I'm not discouraged or hopeless, just tired. Well golly, now that I think about it, even if I were discouraged, I wouldn't have the time to think about it! :) I am sleepy. Just sleepy; and I would LOVE to take a nap, a long one, just for a little while. This body has accumulated some miles, specifically over the past year; bless God, asking for more strength to go the distance! I so want to go the distance with God.

Indeed everyday I am able to wake up and do what I do is nothing but a sheer work of God. Certainly God is holding this body and mind together.

I can't recall the last time I have used my brain as much as I have over the last few months. I know what it means when my husband says 'brain overload' or 'my brain hurts' and my favorite one, 'please don't make me think right now.' Friends, my brain hurts. But make no mistake, I'm definitely not complaining. Just saying. :) I have always been a 'thinker' but God has definitely taken this thinking business to a whole 'nother level.

Work is good; busy and intense. School is good; busy and intense. Ministry is good; I want to up the intensity. Funny. Where I don't care for intense, there is intense and where I desire more intense, God says wait. God knows best.

I am strengthened by His word from II Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

I rest in his power and in his grace.

**image taken on our visit to the Billy Graham Conference Center**

Comments

Popular Posts