Everything

Over the past few weeks, this line from the song "Everything" captures well the very question I have been asking of the Lord.


"And how can I stand here with You and not be moved by You"


I find myself wrestling with God with the very question above. God, how can we stand here and still not be moved by You? Surely it is not because you do not reveal yourself. Surely it is not because you are not at work. Surely it is not because you are unavailable. Surely it is not because you are not good to us & have not blessed us. I'm perplexed. How can we breath God's air and take in His blessings but yet deny it is Him and not be moved by Him and His love? I'm speaking to believers in Christ Jesus here.


I am reminded of the reality of our propensity towards selfishness and self-indulgence. Oh God, that you would save us from ourselves! Open our eyes Lord to see you.


I'm not asking anyone to do what God has called me to do. But, as professed believers, we are all called to do something! For God's love compels us....


I shall fix my eyes on Jesus. I shall run my race and I shall fight the good fight of faith. Lord, help us to be the church that you sent your Son Jesus Christ for. In all things, You are God. You will always be God. Your Kingdom WILL reign forever more.

Comments

Popular Posts