family


Today, I miss my family. I miss just being with them - whether it is doing something or often times nothing at all but I value and cherish it.

Perhaps with all of the holidays and events that have happened in the past 2 months that I have missed is weighing on my emotions today. Perhaps I miss simply being among those who just love me. Perhaps I feel a sense of "loss" for all of the things that I am "missing" out on and how the lives of every family member is changing and God is taking them into new seasons and I am not there. I understand my portion and the journey to which God has called me to but some days it is just not easy.

My nephews are growing up - fun, exciting, and even "scary" changes with the oldest approaching his teenage years and the youngest starting school and how my heart longs to be there - to care, to love and to tend. I praise God for I know God hears my prayers of protection over their lives and I believe the same way that God has instructed and taught me, He will do the same for them.

I have a new niece or nephew on the way, one that I will see maybe once or twice a year. So many other things but not necessary to share.

I praise God for technology and the resources available to me that makes keeping in touch long distance possible but there is one small problem. It requires me - my effort! How silly. So often I want to choose the easiest way, the easiet path to show love - physically being there rather than putting extra effort and getting out of my comfort zone to express my deep love for my family in action. Good intentions and boo-hoo blogs are great in expressing how I feel and what I desire but at what point do I need to rise up and do my part - take action. Good intentions without action is just that, an intention. A thought, a great thought but never executed out.

Today, I will send my dad an email (one I should have on his b-day but forgot to do) expressing my appreciation and love for him. Love in action. This is my stepping out today. What is yours?

May God help me to continually express love in action. May my core beliefs match my attitude and my actions - daily.

There has to to be a point where we test our words and the value it should hold by the things we do to back it up.

Comments

Popular Posts