light

Good morning. This is the first Saturday in what seems forever (end of January) I have been able to enjoy my home & feel as if I can "function." :) We (my husband) has been creatively renovating our home. We are 95% completed!!!!

I am sitting in our office - clean and organized and enjoying every bit of it!! Along with home renovations for the past 5 months, we opened our home to someone in need since May 2007 & they moved out March 2008. So yes, I am enjoying the FULLness of my home - just me & my husband. I adore & cherish every moment. Safe haven. I am in a season of leaning more towards my introvert side. I am naturally an introvert but according to "test" - I adapt and can be an extrovert when needed but it drains the heck out of me. Therefore, I enjoy my house. My alone time. The quiet. Just me, me, me and then of course God & my hubby. I am a homebody!

I received a phone call early this AM from my mother. I am thankful she shares with me so that I know how to better pray. I love the way God works.

God's Word Today:
"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior who daily bears our burdens." Psalm 68:19

How beautiful are those words - how sweet, nourishing, refreshing and uplifting.

Christ alone bears our burdens - He is able, He is capable, it's His "job." My job is to surrender and to give Him those burdens in worship - prayer! I was not made nor designed to carry certain burdens. God loves us too much to give us things that He knows we would fail and/or crush under the weight. What a good Father!

So why does God burden our hearts or why are our hearts burdened if it was never meant for us? Simple - it's the pursuit, the act of discovering & uncovering because it's all about Him! I am still simmering on this thought but this is what I have learned thus far. When we think of burden - we automatically think of problem, solution, result, it's all on me, what do I do? But you see here I think the "burden" God gives us is not the burden of the result or the outcome. For some of you, whew! What a load off. If you have found yourself overwhelmed, drained and lacking - give it to God and ask Him to show you if you have been carrying something that is not yours. Or yet, perhaps the burden is yours to "carry" but you have not been properly "carrying" that burden. The proper way to "carry" a burden is simple - through worship. On our knees praying, praising God & through scripture. Remember, God is God - He alone carries that because He alone is Sovereign and capable.

The burden God allows me to carry is the burden of partnership in what He is doing. He is giving me a glimpse - a part of His heart - for my blessing & for the fullness of my life IN Him!! To be found in Him. To know Him in all facets & dynamics and situations because His character and divine nature will be made known that I may benefit and be enriched in knowing my God deeper. God allows me to feel the burden so that my joy may be complete in sharing in His suffering and to identify myself with everything of Christ and everything that is included when I decided to be a Christ follower - a disciple. The good, the bad, the easy the hard. Again why? So that I may KNOW Him even better.

Sounds illogical. Doesn't "add" up. But that's just it, we can't box God nor attempt to define Him because He is TOO much for our minds to fathom or begin to comprehend His majesty and awesomeness. Jesus is radical - so creative & not bound by any human thought, rationale or method. Jesus Rocks!

Worship Song: None But Jesus - Hillsong United.

My heart is light. I rejoice & consider a privilege to be able to share in what God is doing.

Comments

Kevin-Ho said…
Its sooo amazing!

Popular Posts