Thankful

I woke up this morning incredibly grateful for heat- working heat!! I was awaken to God's goodness when I got out of bed and didn't have to shiver because the house was too cold. When I got in the shower, I praised God for hot and clean running water in a house - in a protected shelter. I gave glory to God when I went to my garage to get into my car, filled with gas that would take me to work. I didn't have to walk in the cold to get to work or take a bus - I am blessed. I don't credit anything to my own name, for real, it is ALL God. His grace and His love time and time again when I have fallen into the pit of ungratefulness that it is in that very moment He gently reminds me that I have been given much, I AM blessed. Out of My Father's gentle reminders am I reminded and refocused.

As we near the Christmas Season and especially the cold season, my heart has been more in tune and turned towards those who are less fortunate. May we take a moment to count our blessings and in turn, be a blessing in a tangible way to someone in dire need of the necessities of life we so often take for granted.

Ideas:
1. Donate to a charity this season (ex: feedthechildren.org - you can give as little as $5!; lifetoday.org)
2. Adopt a family & purchase Christmas gifts
3. Serve the less fortunate at a soup kitchen
4. Make a care package and visit a family or an elderly couple
5. Spend time with someone who may not have family with them for the holidays
6. Forego your "luxury" and "wants" this one Christmas and make it a wonderful Christmas for someone who may never have one.
7. Send a card or a gift to a troop in Iraq.

Seek to meet a physical need and share the Love of Christ for the reason you choose to do what you do.

However God leads your heart, I challenge you to be thankful for what you DO have and seek to say "thanks" to God for His abundant provisions in your life by giving back to Him by serving someone else this Christmas.

It has been said before but I'll borrow the saying, "let's celebrate the real reason for the season."

Comments

Popular Posts