Preparing

Been busy preparing for our Revival Conference in about a week - haven't had a chance to blog much.

I am thankful for the opportunities God has allowed me this past week to love people. A VN lady I work with who lost her baby not too long ago returned to work this past Monday. She was 6 or so months pregnant. I didn't quite know what to say or how to "visit" her. I knew I needed God to go with me.

I waited a while & prayed much of the morning. It wasn't until late that afternoon when I took a quick break from my desk & as I was walking back, I saw her from afar quickly made my way over to her. As I walked towards her, I was overwhelmed with so much compassion that I began to cry. I barely know this lady but I care deeply for her. I was filled with compassion of course due to the loss of the baby but even more for her lost soul. I can only imagine how the Father's heart breaks. I just kept thinking how painful it must have been to endure such tragedy with no Savior to comfort. How hopeless without the God of Hope. How do you move on from something as such without the Creator, the Sustainer, our Heavenly Father who is constant & in control? How I long for her to know Christ - How He can heal her heart and restore her spirit.

We chatted in VN. She shared with me what had happened and the process of her actually giving birth to her stillborn son, how the nurses took his footprint, pronounced him dead, how she could not hold him or look at him or even bring herself to attend the funeral. Her husband took care of all the arrangements & took lots of pictures for her to see. As expected, she was quite distraught for a while & her husband stayed home with her for 3 weeks as she recovered. Her heart is healing. Near the end of our conversation she commented that her baby is in heaven.

Sometimes I just want to hug, hug, hug people and not let go. I just want to love them - I do, I do. Above all & even greater, I SO ache for them to know & receive the Father's Love. I pray so for my friend.

Comments

Popular Posts