Sick

Praise the Lord I am well on my way to recovery after 3 weeks of a sinus/allergies/cold. Still have a nagging cough but much better than before. I am thankful for my health & for the ability to function and get back to the things I enjoy - esp. the ppl.

Things I learned/missed while being sick:

1. I hate being sick.
2. Not being able to function in my full normal capacity is more frustrating and saddening then actually being sick itself.
3. Rest is important - need to take time to rest my body. If I fail to tend to myself, I am no good for anyone when my body finally gives out.
4. Need to drink more water.
5. God still teaches and speaks, even on my sick bed! Praise God.
6. Sleep is good when you are sick. LOTS of it. I think I got bed sores from sleeping Friday - Monday. It was good for me.
7. I enjoy the VN steam ghetto spa thingy in a pot where you get under a blanket and sweat it all off.
8. Vicks vabor rub became my perfume and I didn't care. Oh yea, I used it at work!
9. I love people - I really do. I thoroughly enjoy and find much satisfacton in my ministries of loving and caring for people.
10. I don't care what I look like when I am sick. So many days I would roll up into work - no makeup and a step up from wearing joggers.
11. Ministry: I enjoy following up on people.

Comments

Popular Posts