Must Read!

This book is a MUST read; especially for anyone who desires to lead and love and leave a lasting legacy as Jesus did. The words penned by Darlene Zschech resonates within my soul and every fiber of my being says, "Yes and Amen!" She passionately and humbly shares her journey, thus far.

If you know me, I love books. Not only do I love books but I love highlighting and marking the book with notes and thoughts from cover to cover. But this time around, no highlights or markings. I didn't even sign and date the book as I always do! I see what you are doing Lord. :)

With every chapter read, I kept thinking of two amazing people in my life. The first person, my husband. He is an amazing mentor, father and leader. I humbly say, he has captured the heart of mentoring. He not only has embraced the "great generational transition" but he is actively building up the next generation. There is no greater supporter or cheerleader than that man of mine to see the next generation (and even our own generation and our parent's generation) be all that God has called us to be. He's so FOR the Church, the Bride. Michael Dat has heart! :)

And then I thought of a dear and precious sister in Christ. I love her to pieces, I do. I want to pass the book along to her. :) I pray she is encouraged to keep doing what she is doing. It counts. It matters. She's making an incredible impact and she has what it takes to mentor and mother the next generation - heart, soul and love. She extends grace because she has received much grace. I love you, soul sister.

The entire book is delightful, but a few quotes:

"So grace stands guard over our hearts and protects us from ourselves, the "Trying too hard" generation. In being so desperate to get it right, we actually end up a very long way from where the simplicity of truth begs us to journey."

"Anything worth achieving in this life requires time, patience, and some discomfort."

"Just as in David's (king David) day, there's much talk about mentoring the rising generations, and a lot of it sounds wonderful. However, the truth is that to foster the next generation, we must become selfless leaders who are not out to make a name or position for ourselves but rather willing to pass on our knowledge and understanding for the kingdom's sake. Like David, we must be ready to deny ourselves in order to protect those God has entrusted to us."

"In the end, it's all about love..."

"Let's live loved, lead loved, and serve loved - and with strength and grace, pass on all that we know to the next generation."

Comments

Popular Posts